Superior Art
Welcome to Superior Art!Very Happy
Hey members!Want to share some art,post and comment?Update your profile?
Login!

Not a member?Interested in art? Whether it be Painting,drawing,crocheting,knitting, poetry and story writing,arts and crafts,photography,digital art and much more!
Join our community today!

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) 73621b1fe29793f9c8ea4f29d1165d10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Superior Art
Welcome to Superior Art!Very Happy
Hey members!Want to share some art,post and comment?Update your profile?
Login!

Not a member?Interested in art? Whether it be Painting,drawing,crocheting,knitting, poetry and story writing,arts and crafts,photography,digital art and much more!
Join our community today!

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) 73621b1fe29793f9c8ea4f29d1165d10
Superior Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel)

+3
Maddy
Lexi
Tielferretfinch
7 posters

Go down

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) Empty How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel)

Post by Tielferretfinch Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm

I drew Singerboy's face and thought i might do a little how to on it. so i pictured it in the process of drawing it!
First Sketch Out The Bird's Face. You want the most detail to go into the part of the picture you want people to look at most. which is why the background is white in my picture.
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) IMsEovqwRs8wL
You want to do a few small amounts of detail to start, mainly around the most colorful parts. you need to start with detail in very small parts.Basically start sketching out pieces of feather in the deepest colored part of the pictured bird.
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) I8p2YxiuXZONw
Make sure to blend it. I know "i did all that work just to smear it around?!" trust me on this! if you didn't know how to do this before already, you do now. Smile i usually use a Qtip or my fingers(i will post a picture of my hands after this is over LOL)
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) IEIGlneNbzRFH
The next thing you want to do is start adding small details to the most vibrant parts of the bird. In this case,it's the cheeks. You want to add streaks in the direction of the feathers and blend. keep doing so until you have a nicely blended but detailed cheek. (the eye is colored in now to)
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) Ibd1BBNZqNBqQ0
Now you want to blend some more of the colors into the rest of the face, in my case, half of Singerboy's face is white and the most vibrant yellow was right by the beak and cheeks. So instead of getting white charcoal(what's the point?) i pulled the yellow into the white to smooth the transition a bit. i used my finger. i also started on the beak as well.
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) IYOrisYbwc7ir
The last thing you want to do is add more detail to the overall picture. if you can see, i added more shading to the beak and paid a bit more attention to his cere in shading and such. i also added some more of the crest in. the final thing i did was add the grey coloring of his body colors.
You now have drawn your singerboy. congratulations! LOL
How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) IJ85spqVP0fEI
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) Empty Re: How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel)

Post by Lexi Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Cool tutorial! I love the detail in the pictures too!Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Admin
Admin

http://sweettweetaviary.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel) Empty Re: How to draw your Singerboys XD (cockatiel)

Post by Tielferretfinch Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:03 pm

It kind of sucks, the picture is WAY more blended but my camera didn't pick it up. let me use macro and see what happens
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Awesome!
Maddy
Maddy
Admin
Admin

http://prettybirdpaintings.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Budgielover14 Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 pm

That's a excellent drawing of Singerboy!Very Happy It shows such detail, and I love ho some parts are colored and some aren't! cyclops
Budgielover14
Budgielover14
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tielferretfinch Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Singerboy is split to whiteface, so the other half of his face is white. That and the combination of the picture having light from the side of the face made a nice drawing to do!
I based the drawing off of the original picture but i didn't do it exactly the same because i did not want the background nor did i have enough room for his shoulders Laughing .
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollinerei Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Love it Very Happy
Apollinerei
Apollinerei

http://www.etsy.com/shop/apollinerei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tielferretfinch Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks!! i can draw ferrets and cockatiels and pretty much nothing else Laughing
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

Post by Budgielover14 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

So? You have talent that you can spread elsewhere! I have become a expert in the things I love, now off to challenge my self with humans! I really can't draw them and be proud the same way I can be with a bird drawing. Rolling Eyes
Budgielover14
Budgielover14
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tielferretfinch Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 am

thanks! i can do a bit of anime people..but once you cross that line it's done for. no humans for me!
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnyluver Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 am

I can't see the pics. Crying or Very sad But I'm sure it looks amazing!
Cinnyluver
Cinnyluver
Amateur
Amateur

http://parrotpicasso.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tielferretfinch Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:40 am

Here is the link to my public Minus(like photobucket) you can see my photography and my drawings (if the link does not work, i will put spaces in it and you can just copy paste and take out the spaces)

stivsferretbuizzness.minus.com/mk5zhRnbQ/1g

(copy and paste should take you right to it!)
Tielferretfinch
Tielferretfinch
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Feathered Friends Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:51 am

This is really great Very Happy
Little Feathered Friends
Little Feathered Friends

http://thelittlefeatheredfriendsaviary.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down